Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I will spend the afternoon with Granny and Sissy, but decided to spend the morning with nature and knitting. I have an amazing spot right by the Bronx River where I spend a lot of time with some socks and my iPod. And who do you think was there waiting for me this morning.


I call her Harriet. She's a Great Heron and she is gorgeous. It was very breezy (okay, windy) this morning and her tail feathers were blowing in the wind. It was almost too beautiful to be real. I wish the photo was better but she was on the other side of the river.

I'm taking her as a sign. This morning I decided it was time for me to let go of the things that have hurt me in the past. I need to get back to the normal, happy person that I used to be and not the shrew I have been for the past few months.

So it's a new day, with Harriet as my guide.

No comments: