Friday, January 25, 2008

Today is a better day.

I spent most of yesterday crying. It was probably the best thing that I could do. I spoke to one of my former board members and good friends who--in a lovely big brotherly way--reminded me that I should mourn all the things that I have lost in the past two weeks.

He struck a chord and I wept for the rest of the day. By about 10 p.m. I was dried out and felt oh-so-very-much-better. Today I got up and picked up Mystery Stole (I am planning on being the last one to finish it) and got loads and loads done on it. A little Law & Order on TV, knitting on my lap--this could be okay for a while.

I also got a call from a friend with leads for jobs which was very nice and made me feel even better.

I may be crying again in an hour but I don't think so. I think I'll just go for a pedicure instead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Saw your comment attached to Stephanie's blog ... so sorry to hear that you've lost your job. Remember that this could be the beginning of something better.
I'll say a prayer for you.

~ D.