Saturday, September 18, 2010

Just a few things

1. I'm not going to rant about anything today. Aren't you happy about that?

2. I left an ingredient out of my salad recipe. You're supposed to add 1 teaspoon of oregano to the dressing. It's been fixed on the post.

3. I am making a boat load of this salad for a party tomorrow. Burned the crap out of my thumb and made a huge mess in my little tiny kitchen but, damn, it smells good in there.

4. The blog has been quiet all week because I twisted the crap out of my right wrist last Saturday. It was more of a range of motion and weight bearing kind of injury and luckily, I could still knit. Good thing I'm a picker.

5. If your knitting group is offered ouzo, definitely accept it. But then don't complain if you have a headache the next morning and have no idea how you got that tattoo with Elizabeth Zimmerman Forever in a heart on your ass.

6. This my friend Pat.

Give her a break! She was painting her deck. She cleans up real purty!

This is what she has in her yard.


Jealous? Well you should be. There are a boat load of overripe tomatoes roasting in the oven right now (the ripe ones are too precious to roast) with tomatillos, red onion, jalapeno and garlic. There will be soup.

And the basil leaves are rinsing as I type this. There will be pesto.

2 comments:

Pat S said...

Maybe I clean up....

Jeffrey F said...

I really enjoyed your blog thanks for sharing.