Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Comfort

I tend to find comfort quite easily. 

It's raining tonight--big time comfort zone for me.

HandyMan is sleeping on the couch next to me and Smokeythecat is sleeping on his belly--how cozy can you get?

I had some scallops and cream and wine and made Bubbly Bake with rice for dinner--one of my favorite comfort foods.

It should have been perfect.  But it wasn't. 

The scallops sucked.  I cooked the rice with some vegetable bouillon cubs that should have just been labeled bad salt cubes.  Have you ever had one of those tiny pillow pack salt and peppers that they give you on airplanes.  This was worse. I was going to try to reclaim it with some soy sauce but for the second time since Sunday the soy sauce is no where to be found.

I have a cold.  I have to put the laundry away.  I'm hungry and now I really don't feel like cooking again.

And then I found it.

Law & Order UK.  How on earth did I not know that this existed.  Law & Order (any version) is my ultimate comfort.  It has served me well through sickenss, unemployment and just plain old boring days.

Law  & Order UK.  Cool Brittania baby.
 

No comments: