Friday, July 18, 2008

The Best Special Effects Ever

I don't care that it's 33 years old. I don't care that it was supposed to be really scary and doesn't scare me at all anymore (really never has). Jaws still has the best damn special effects ever!

One of the questions that I ask when I'm stuck talking to someone that I don't know and have run out of small talk is: If you got home at midnight--dead tired--and flipped the tv on for just a second, what movie would you stay up and watch.

My top three are:

1. Jaws
2. The Poseiden Adventure (the original and I probably spelled it wrong)
3. Scarface

I got home today just in time for Jaws. Granted it was 2:30 in the afternoon and I wasn't tired at all but I have planted myself on the couch to watch it. I'm working on that wonderful mitered EZ blanket that Brooklyn Tweed made and it has been the perfect way to spend the afternoon.

Naturally, I have the airconditioner on 11 because it is hot as hades here in the Y.O. today. Not good for knitting anything other than socks unless you're in the a/c. So of course, I have two pairs of socks on the needles and am also starting a baby sweater. The cameras charging so there'll be pictures very soon!

No comments: