Friday, August 22, 2008

Now I Know How Tai Babilonia and Randy Gartner Felt

I've had to give up on the Ravelympics. I was really really really behind on my heart socksbut I thought I could finish them by the closing ceremonies. I was knitting anywhere and everywhere (including in the Lesbian bar that I accidentally wandered into last night (they were very nice to me but I felt like a had a big flashing "straight girl" sign on my forehead) where the girls were intrigued by the whole idea of Olympic knitting).

But alas, it turns out that I really didn't like the way they were turning out. I was using Gems Opals on size 1 needles. The fabric was way way way too dense and I couldn't even get them over my foot.

Some tribute photos before I frog them.


Cast on at the orthopedists office during the opening ceremonies. Did I mention that I did a number on my knee?


Gerri holding the sock at Northwest Harbor Beach during Book Club Sag Harbor weekend.


Alas, it shall become something new tomorrow. Maybe mittens for my sister.

And while we're talking about book club, this is a picture of Maria when she thought she was being swept out to sea and was going to spend the rest of her days roaming Davy Jones' locker.


That little dot in the water to the right of the yellow kayak is Maria.

Now this is Maria when she realized that she was only in water up to her knees.

She was quite surprised. Not to worry though, I had an eye on her the whole time and there was a couple with a boat just out of frame on the picture so she would have been safe and sound.



No comments: