Friday, June 5, 2009

The Y.O. visits the V.T.

Okay first things first. I saw a Moose. A real one. In the wild. It was pretty amazing. They pretty much look like anorexic horses. They are gangly as all git out and are all knees and elbows. Not unlike the Olson twins.


And I saw a snake. Now understand that snakes don't bother me one bit. They do, however, bother my sister. This poor little guy had to deal with a 6'1" blond woman screaming at him and doing a pretty amazing oh-my-god-its-a-snake dance.


Don't get me wrong. I am a huge advocate for other people's animal fears (mine is spiders--eww) but first thing in the morning it's pretty entertaining to watch someone who hates snakes react to one. I know I will get my punishment for this. It's inevitable.

So there are snakes in VT. What are you going to do.

On the other hand, there are also waterfalls.


And lupines.


And stone walls.

And fresh air poisoning. I have had way too much of that nice clean air in the past 24 hours and now all I want to do is sleep like a baby.

So you'll have to wait until my next post (maybe tomorrow) to find out why we went to Vermont and take a peek at where we stayed.

On the knitting front, I did get a little bit of work done today on a very cute shrug but I'm too pleasantly sleepy to blog about it right now so that will have to wait too.

No comments: