Sunday, January 2, 2011

One One One One

There's something about all the ones today that is making me feel brand new!  I love New Year's Day. The world is your oyster and anything at all is possible.

I'm getting started on a new knitting project tonight.  BadCat and Jeri have put together an amazing, gorgeous, mathematical lace sweater and, to date, there are over 70 of us signed up to knit it together.   Since I'm starting out the year with a project called Metamorphosis, I've been thinking a lot about change and what it means.

Last year, my new year's resolution was to live my life with more generosity of spirit.  I may have mentioned before that this was not a self-deprecating resolution.  Rather, it was about being generous of spirit with intent rather than just as habit.

So this year, I'm going for Metamorphosis as my New Year's resolution.   I am not talking about actively running around looking for things to change.  I'm making a commitment to being thoughtful about change.  And curious about it.  I'm going to try to look at things with an eye to whether or not I should change how I react, respond and decide.

If nothing else, it should be interesting.

By the way, I know I had said the next post would be about the rest of Christmas but I couldn't find the charger for the camera and I have pictures to share.  The charger has been located and the battery is charging so I promise I'll finish up the Vermont tale tomorrow.

Here's BadKitten day 31

No comments: