Thursday, March 31, 2011

I Can't Believe I Missed It

I love Top Chef.  I think it may be the only show in the history of TV that I would race home for.   For whatever reason, it grabbed me day one and I've been hooked ever since.

Last night was the finale and I missed it.  I just can't believe it.  I was so tired yesterday (not to mention hungry--I was starving all day long).    The day just got away from me.  Had to get new front brakes.  Meetings.  Family dinner (if you're local, the food at Guardalajara is great).  I laughed out loud when I got up this morning because my clothes were in a heap right in front of my front door!   I decided to spend some time catching up on some home stuff but all I managed to do was return one phone call before I completely crashed.  I had to cut short a perfectly lovely conversation because I just wasn't going to make it.  I crawled into bed and got myself all cozy and then realized that it was Wednesday.  And the finale.  And I just couldn't do it.  I did check this morning and my guy won (I won't spoil it if you haven't seen it yet) which is a huge relief.  If he had lost, I would have blamed myself for not being there to root for him.

There has actually been some knitting going on here.  I knocked out a quick gift for my office mate today.  She's been working out and doing great so I whipped up this little iPod cozy for her.  She bought herself a pair of lime green and black sneakers to inspire her to go the gym on schedule and I had this great bias tape that Pat (of the tomatoes) had dyed.  Perfect with a big black button.


It's perfect for her!

Time to head to work.  The upside of working 8 minutes from home and is I can push my mornings pretty far.  If I hit the lights right, the ride is only about 5 minutes so wish me good green light karma today.

No comments: