When we last spoke, I had had a crappy-doodle day. Although nothing else dramatic has happened since then, I'm not really sure how to describe this week. The word maze keeps coming up but that's not exactly right. I haven't hit any walls or been chased through the snow by Jack Nicholson.
Maybe catacombs is a better word for it (although not the definitions with the graves). Lots of twists and turns and I feel like I'm in the dark a bit. But there are lights--in my mind they are very gothic torches--along the way.
So here's how it's gone:
1. Big leadership change at work.
2. Supposed to go to knitting group and cast on a Baby Surprise Sweater.
3. Skip knitting group and knitting to go back to work and meet with our night shift.
4. Deal with a bunch of other issues while I'm there.
5. Home and crash. No cast on yet.
6. Ridiculously early meeting. Bring yarn and needles to work just in case I have time.
7. Meetings, meetings, meetings, meetings. And not a knittable one among them.
8. Home and cast on. Knit some. It's going.
9. Saturday morning wake up early early early. Knock out a big chunk of the sweater while my HandyMan sleeps.
10. Lose a bunch of knitting time because BrattyGirl is bored and lonely and wants to have lunch.
11. Discover that the grocery store in a Hassidic neighborhood is paradise on a Saturday afternoon. Very few people and lots of good food.
12. Got the cart with the OUTRAGEOUSLY squeaky wheel.
13. Home. Clean. Cook.
14. Sunday morning--see number 9.
15. Clean carpets. Not sure why but I found this oddly stressy.
16. More early days and late nights at work. Some knitting but not enough.
17. Had a "damn it" moment. I can knock out a Baby Surprise with my eyes closed. Realize that stressy=unfocused.
Am planting my ass on the couch tonight. This sweater is just too magical to let it get under my skin. I actually made up a line by line spreadsheet for the pattern ages ago so that I don't have to pay attention to anything but the pure genius of the engineering of this sweater.
I'm aiming to have some photos up soon. The yarn is a new one from Manos and I really like it so far (although I did hit a knot). I'll report on it when the sweater is done.
My home computer is still crashed and I am too broke to fix it or get a new one right now so I'm playing "hit and run internet access". Maybe some money will fall out of the sky! Is that too much too ask for?