Monday, November 3, 2008

Mittens Mittens Mittens

I finished a bunch of mittens and mitts. This is a fabulous kids mitten pattern. I'm a huge fan of it.


The left ones are for a little girl. They are what's leftover of my Fiesta Boomerang in Iris. It's a favorite. The ones on the right are for a little boy. Chaco and Galway worsted from Rhinebeck. Great inexpensive yarn for things like mittens and wrist warmers. I mailed them off to Boy's sister because, although I thought I would see her again, it turns out that I won't. It was hard not to write a nasty note about what a jerk her brother is but I took the high road.

Here's the cutie pie sweater that we dropped off for her two weeks ago.


It's the new Mission Falls 136 Merino. It's so soft and silky. This is my first time using it and I loved it (although I had to go up on my normal needle size for this sweater a lot). I'll definitely be knitting with this again. The color is a little more lilac than the photo (Boy picked the color before he and I crashed and burned) and the buttons are from a big jar of buttons that I bought at a flea market a million years ago. I like them--they have a nice shine to them that goes well with the yarn.

So the question of the day is "which knitting project will I bring to stand on line to vote tomorrow." I don't think I've ever been more excited about voting and I hope that you will go out tomorrow and let your voice be heard.

P.S. Think I'm feeling a little bitter today? Does it show?

No comments: