Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Photoless Day

It happens sometimes.  The camera battery is dead so today is all about imagination.

I would like you to close your eyes and imagine what my bathroom door looks like with a shiny round thing on it.  Oooo.  Doesn't that look pretty?  Don't you want to reach out and turn it?  After 13 years, I finally have a doorknob on my bathroom door.  I keep looking at and touching it and turning it.  It's like having a brand new toy to play with.  Of course the first night it was on I walked square into the door in the middle of the night.  Not having to turn a knob does have some benefits like not knocking yourself unconscious when you have to pee.

The kitchen is coming along swimmingly.  The walls have been replastered and sanded and are smooth as silk.  Today the paint goes on and the plan is to install the new floor on Monday.  For now we're just painting it white and will play with other paint colors later on.  I'm going to have to retire my recipe for paint chip souffle but that's probably a good thing.

I gotta tell you, it's a lot of fun having a handy man around the house.

The kitten is also coming along swimmingly.  She almost let me pet her last night and then freaked herself out and ran and sat under the rocking chair staring at me.  She will play with me as long as the toy is on a string (or is a string--she has a piece of pink yarn that she's in love with) and she'll sneak up on me when she thinks I'm asleep or not paying attention.  And she has conquered the mountain of tools that currently takes up the foyer.  She scales them like they're the Himalayas and then hides in the caves and jumps out at the other cats.  The other cats have been very patient with her.  Maxthecat is her special protector which is kind of cute.

No comments: