Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring Fever

This is what I was greeted with when I walked into work this morning.


Isn't she gorgeous? (For some reason flowering trees are always female to me.  In the fall when their colors change, they become male.)

I have terrible Spring Fever today so I'm trying to harness it with a Spring Cleaning.  Considering the fact that this year I am hoping to finish up the home spring cleaning from 1998, I'm not sure if this is such a good idea.  But I have been plugging away at my desk all day long and have actually gotten some things accomplished.

The last few weeks have been kind of crazy.  You know the kind of days when you're ready.  You've got a plan.  You know what you've got to get accomplished and you know just how long it is going to take.  Your ready to rock and roll and then someone drops a bomb.  And really, I don't mind that at all.  I'm not particularly anal about these kinds of things and I really can roll with the punches quite nicely.  Most of the time. 

But when they start to add up.  And the pile is getting bigger.  And you can't find a damn thing.  And the pile gets knocked over and is still on the floor the next day. 

Well then, you have to suck it up a bit and do some spring cleaning. 

The windows are open and  I have Pandora on (Elvis Costello station, thank you for asking) and I am slowly but surely getting through some of the piles (yes, I've moved into plural). 

The problem with this plan is the windows are open and  I have Pandora on (Elvis Costello station, thank you for asking) and I have the attention span of a gnat because it is so gorgeous out. 

No comments: