Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Look What I Got!

My birthday was last month. I got some great gifts, had some wonderful meals and terrific times with friends and family. I like to make the celebration last as long as possible. This year, it poured rain on the actual day (which I love) and we had a very cozy dinner at Jake's in the Bronx. It was wonderful. I was promised a trip to Flying Fingers for my gift. The deal was, the gift giver had to pick something just for me and I had to make something for myself with it.

Well we finally made it there today and look what I got! Isn't she pretty.


It's Colinette Prism in the Florentina colorway. I can't get over how gorgeous the colors are in it. I immediately cast on wham bam thank you lamb to keep my neck nice and cozy. I'm on size 10 needles over 33 stitches and already have a few inches done. I'm madly in love with it and can't wait to wear it.

This morning, I took Boy to get a haircut from my wonderful friend Chloe. She is also a knitter so I had a few projects to show her (I will blog them later this week). We had such fun. Too bad that she missed this. She would have loved it as much as I do. Tomorrow night, my friend Laura is having a ladies night at her house that is totally knitter friendly. I hope I haven't finished this by then because I want everyone to be able to take a few stitches on it. I like doing that sometimes. Even a non-knitter can manage a few stitches with some coaching and I love the idea of other peoples hands being on a gift. Particularly if it is for someone special. Imagine a dad being able to button his baby up in a cardigan knowing that he had put a few stitches into it. It's funny that men seem much more into this than woman are. Regardless, I love doing it and it makes me happy so pooh on you if you don't want to play.

The timing couldn't be more perfect for this project because it is as cold as it could be here in the Y.O. today and it's not going to let up any time soon. The house is cozy and the cats are surprisingly into this project. Here's what it looks like when you try to take a picture of yarn with Heatherthecat helping out.

Tiny Cat is snuggled up with it on the couch right now so I must go rescue it (translated--I want to knit more on it).

1 comment:

Pat S said...

Great seeing you again. The yarn is very cool.
Pat