Monday, August 16, 2010

10 Things That I Know For Sure

1. This is the best make out song of all time. If you don't believe me, go grab a friend, put this song on and make out. You'll be a believer.

2. My friends are really amazing sock models.



This is the Trails Sock from SummerSwatchMe. The yarn is Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Eureka. Delicious.



This is the Leafling Sock from Rockin' Sock Club that I finished ages ago but hadn't taken a picture of it yet. The yarn is whatever they sent to me.

3. Art is subjective. We went a saw a performance art piece by members of the Watermill Center this weekend. One in six of us got anything out of it. But it was still gorgeous.

4. Your condoms and your double points belong in different bags. They don't travel well together.

5. I can fix my own vacuum, thank you very much.

6. Franklin is funny.

7. The corn is really good this year.

8. You know you have a good man when he remembers that you're picky about corn and if it's really good you like it plain but if it's just okay you want butter and salt and pepper.

9. It's nice to be neighborly. My neighbor just did another neighbor a solid. That's a nice thing to see.

10. Even though I was sure I had it, I do not own a copy of the soundtrack to The Big Chill on CD. I bet there are a lot of people in the world who are sure that they own it but don't. On the other hand, I was surprised to find that I have the K7 song Come Baby Come in my iTunes three times. I was going to get rid of two of them but then I decided that it would be my Rosebud and I'll let some fedoraed newspaper reporter try to figure out why, oh why, I did that once I'm dead. P.S. I've met K7. He's more like K 31/2. P.P.S. The fact that I know all the words to this song is about midway on my list of things that I'm proud that I'm ashamed of.

No comments: