Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sock Summit Project Begins Today

I swatched. I hardly ever swatch but as I am on such a tight time frame on this one, I swatched.

I was originally going to do Sunday Swing in this.


It's Wollmeise Sockenwolle 80/20 Twin in the colorway Paul (a lovely not to Gaugin). The colorway is out of stock but the other colors are fab. I got gauge but it was a little too dense for me.

So I swatched this.

The ball band is long gone. I know I bought it at Flying Fingers last year. It was originally going to be a pair of Spring Forward socks but the colorway and the pattern didn't work well together. I loved them both--just not together. So they had a very amicable divorce and ended up back in the stash and the queue. I also got gauge on this but, again, it was a smidge too dense.

Then I remembered this.


I bought it the same day as the mystery yarn above and it has been hiding out in my stash ever since. It is Zitron Trekking Hand Art and is just lovely. The gauge is perfect. The drape is perfect. I color is perfect. It reminds of a December sky at twilight. You know those clear, cold nights when the sky is bluer than anything you've ever seen before. It's like that.

Just a little under 5 hours to my 4 p.m. cast on.

No comments: