Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My Own Personal Sock Summit

Well I can't go to sock summit. Sad sad sad. So instead, I'm going to have my own personal Sock Olympics. I'll be casting on at 4 pm on Wednesday. Registration opens at 1 pm in Portland and I am in Yonkers so it's the same time. The plan is to have a pair of socks done by 8:30 on Sunday.

I'm going to do these. I have some great yarn that I got from Denise a while back and I think this pattern is perfect for it. I started some plain socks with it. Then some Jaywalkers. But neither was perfect and it's such great stuff that it demands perfection.

And speaking of perfection, I have very little of it in my life right now so I decided to create some in my kitchen. I have been pretty much boiling the walls in there for the past few days. It has taken a lot longer than it should because I am a very lazy housekeeper and tend to get distracted but I must say it is pretty satisfying. Until yesterday. I decided to clean behind the fridge and thought I was going to drop dead when I saw how gross it was. I finally pushed the fridge back into place late last night but will be pulling it out again today for one more scrub (I ran out of bleach). I swear to you, I will either have to do this every few months from now on or sell my apartment before I have to do it again.

No comments: