Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Yeah--so I'm a copy cat. You got a problem with that?

I've been bouncing around the blogosphere today and it seems to be a very random day so I'm going with it. Here's a nice, disjointed, ADD, random blog post.

1. I'm totally rocking out chicken souvlaki for some friends. It's marinating in the fridge right now and, gotta tell you, the marinade smelled really good. There will be tsatziki if I can get my act together and buy a cucumber.

2. This is a really bad karaoke song.

3. This is a really good karaoke song. (With a good hot curling iron and a can of Aqua Net I can make my hair look like her headdress.)

4. I am pleased as punch with the first of the Susie Socks. Yeah--I've named them. When the second one is done, I'll post the pattern.

5. I'm being haunted by the ghost of Joe Strummer. Long story.

6. I'm a little bit too excited about having a new Brita.

7. I've noticed that everyone says they don't like Journey but everyone knows all the words to Open Arms. I'm telling you--it's true. Play it on the jukebox in any bar and everyone will sing. I think it's the universal song and that we should just play it really loud in all of the angry places in the world and we'll all get along.

8. At what point can we start calling them The Beastie Men. They're a little long in the tooth to keep calling them boys.

9. Happy birthday Joy.

1 comment:

M.E. Greene said...

Count me in as one of the masses who know the lyrics to Open Arms. I just had flashbacks to high school! :)