Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Really? Orange?

So 45 years later I found out that my sister really likes orange. Who knew? I've always thought of her as a pastel kind of girl.

I started this for her.


That's part of a sock. I'm just finishing the heel which I have totally lifted from the leafling pattern. It's perfect for clogs so, as we are a clog wearing family, I thought it would be perfect.

I'm totally jumping off a cliff with this. I'm sort of making up the pattern as I go along. Do you recognize the lace.

Here, look closer.


Yup, it's the lace inset from Column of Leaves. If they work out, I'll right it up and post it to Ravelry.

As with any things for Sissy, there have been a few bumps along the way. I had to rip back the first three rows of lace because apparently my brain shut off for a few minutes. And then I don't know what the hell I did to the heel this afternoon but I had to go all the way back on that to get it fixed. Still didn't figure out what happened but that's okay because it is fine now. I blame that one on Leo. Note to self--don't watch The Aviator while winging it on a project for Sissy.

Oh yeah, and for those of you who noticed, at this point I am working this sock on six needles. I told you--I'm winging it.

1 comment:

M.E. Greene said...

Winging it is the only way to go! I think the socks are lovely! :)