Thursday, November 18, 2010

I Think This is Hilarious

Mostly because I LOATHE Neil Young.  It may have something to do with my fourth grade music teacher who made us all sing The Needle and the Damage Done for an assembly.  Fer chrissakes--we were nine years old.  And we were wearing plaid.  And I had on one of those cross over ties with the mother of pearl snap.  And I was standing--in height order which meant I was in the way back--singing a stoner song about heroin addiction for the entire school.  Needless to say, she (and her leather vest, long hair and Indian arm band) only lasted for half the year.  And, by the way, thank you very much Miss Hippy Dippy music teacher.  For the other half of the year we had a really odd music teacher who taught us music theory--very relevant for a fourth grader--and ruined all the fun of music class for us.  I'm surprised that we didn't all pool our trick-or-treat-for-Unicef money and buy some smack to get through that class.

Or maybe it had something to do with the boss I had a few years ago.  Good God, the man was a tool.  I threw a fabulous fundraising party for the organization that he was in charge of and--get this--I booked Grand Master Flash as our DJ.  The man is an icon.  He is absolutely THE definitive NY DJ of all time and, honestly, if he was spinning at your house on Thanksgiving, the turkey carcass would be up dancing.  But the day before the party, my tool (did I mention that he was a tool) of a boss called me into his office where he told me that he had made up a playlist for Grand Master Flash.  Including--you guessed it--some Neil Young.  Yeah.  Okay.  I'll get right on that.  Nothing like a really nasal depressing song to get this party started.

So anyway, this made me laugh.



And while we're at it, let's check out BadKitten Day 23.  This is an awesome song.

No comments: