So today will just be some random notes.
1. Chez Chaos gets better every day. The piles are diminishing slowly but surely and we can almost walk around.
2. All of my kitchen cabinets now close and latch. This (much like the bathroom doorknob) has never happened in the history of my apartment. No more getting bonked in the head while I wash dishes. Glory Hallelujah it's like a brand new place.
3. We're finally able to cook. Too bad I can't find the camera or your mouth would be watering right now. The first of the tomatoes are ripening up in Pat's garden and they are absolutely perfect.
4. The heating pad is still missing. Damn.
5. I had to get a new alternator (thank you Pop). It was quite dramatic when it happened. It actually crossed my mind that my car might have been being taken by aliens (and me with no knitting with me!) but it turned out to be pretty mundane. However, you would be surprised at how much power your car can lose without you noticing. It seems the death of alternator is a gradual process. Now it's like driving an airplane. Very exciting.
6. I think my boss may have gone on vacation without telling me.
7. I'm going to try to use the word "hubris" in a sentence today (and this sentence doesn't count). I'm feeling the need for some righteous indignation.