Monday, August 1, 2011

Still No Photos

I think I know the general area of the house that the camera is in right now but there's no way in hell I can get to it.  The kitchen is finished being painted so we can start moving things back in and give me some room to get the rest of all my stuff organized which makes me believe that things should be back to normal pretty soon. I'm continuing with the "touch things only once plan" which is working out great for my work desk but not so well for Chez Chaos.  And let's not talk about my desk at Chez Chaos.

There are little paths through the house right now and last night I ended up in a tangle with Heatherthecat in the hallway.  She was walking in one direction and I was walking in the other and it was dark and somehow her front paw went right between my second and third toes and neither of us had a clue what the hell had happened.  We both walked away unscathed but spent the rest of the night giving each other shifty glances whenever we moved.

Aside from the fact that there are things that I just can't reach, so far only one item has gone completely lost.  The heating pad has been missing for two days and I'm sure it's going to turn up somewhere crazy.  In the meantime, I would like to take this opportunity to thank the manufacturers of Tiger Balm.  I don't know what would have happened without you.

There have been a lot of conversations that go like this:

Him--Oh crap.  Where's the skinny screwdriver?
Me--In my purse.

Me--I can't find the cat food bowls!
Him--Don't worry.  They're under the table and I already fed them.

Him--Have you seen the bandaids?
Me--They're in my purse.

Me--Have you seen the kitten?
Him--She's on top of the blanket, that is on top of the bag, that is on top of the box, that is on top of couch--22.  She'll be okay.  She has her pink yarn with her.

Him--I'm hungry.
Me--I'm hungry.
Both--Hell if I'm gonna try cooking in that kitchen right now.  Let's go out.

I probably just put a huge curse on the whole process but we're so close to the end, I'm sure it will be fine.

Up next--the new kitchen floor goes down in a few days, the bathroom gets a pretty new coat of paint, and the tomatoes from Pat's garden get sliced up and served with cheese.  Sounds like a pretty good plan.

No comments: